Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Two Quilt Tops, Two Totes, And a Little Catch-up

Wow, I didn't mean to go this long without posting.  I have been writing the posts in my head, but they just never seemed to make the transition to the cyber universe.  But never fear!!!  I have been sewing and crafting so I have a bunch to show and tell.

I didn't mention this before, but I belong to a quilting bee on Flickr.  The Wonky Bee to be exact.  I usually try to steer clear of bees, simply because I am not very good at them.  But Jacey assured me that she would keep me on track, and she has been true to her word.  I have made everyone's blocks except for this month's, which I will be doing tomorrow, and sent them in a somewhat, kind-of, timely fashion. So here is a quick recap of the blocks I have made for the group.



For my month I asked the ladies to make Giant Bear Paw or rather....YETI Paw blocks for me.  I they amazed me with the blocks that they came up with!  


I wanted to use something non-tradtional for the sashing and teal being my favorite color and Lizzy House being one of my favorite designers.  I thought that the Illusion print in Barsa Blue from her 1001 Peeps line would be perfect.  


I am so in love with quilt top.  I can't wait until it is quilted and I can snuggled up under it.  It is better than I had envisioned it would be.  Thank you Wonky Bee mates!


Speaking of quilt tops......

Hey!, Remember way back when, when I pulled all of my Mendocino out and said that I was going sew with it?  Well, I finally did!  I took me so long to actually cut into it.  But once I finished agonizing over what pattern to do and got started it went fast.  And then after I got all of the blocks made I put them away for 2 months.  Boooo.  But yesterday finally got a chance to put it together when I went to Kelly's house yesterday for some sewing.



WOOWOO!!!  Mendo quilt top, done!!  Love it!  I'll be sending this one a long with the Bear Paw to be quilted by The Sometimes Crafter.  

I've also made a couple of new tote bags for the shop


'N' is for Narwhal Tote

and Love Notes Tote


On the back of the Love Notes Tote I added a little hand embroidery. 



So see?  I have been doing stuff.  There is still one more thing that I made that I want to show and tell, but I will save it for the next one.  :)


5 comments:

  1. Everything looks amazing, Amanda!! I especially love both of your quilt tops. Now you have me super curious about your secret project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is like a feast for my eyes! i love the totes! your quilt tops are amazing! i love your medicino so much and your wonky quilt... it is amazing! you picked he perfect sashing, i still give total credit to melissa for knocking her block out of the park and inspiring us all to think outside of the block... did i say i love those totes! yes, well i do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, such a happy post. I really love everything you've been working on. The YETI paw quilt is my favorite, though. It's just so good! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that yeti paw top is a knockout! i absolutely love your sashing--it sets the blocks off so nicely. the love notes tote is so cute too! amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. smart choice on the paw sashing it brings on such a modern look to a traditional shape. The embroidery saying is a nice touch on the tote. well done.

    ReplyDelete