Tuesday, October 16, 2012

SGG Seeking LMGG

Stupid Geeky Gal seeking like-minded geeky gal.

So here's the story.  A week or so ago, I received a custom order through the shop for a blue linen Timey Wimey, a natural linen Timey Winey, and a Tardis pouch for some christmas presents for her brother and sister in-law.  Great!  So I ordered the fabric and got to work on them over the weekend when they came in.  Well, being the anal fastidious gal that I am, I erased the convo that said customer sent me.  So when I went back yesterday to send her a message and tell her that they are just about done, I realized the stupid, stupid, stupid thing I had done.  BOOOOOO ON ME!!!!!  Not the smartest thing I have done.


So if you are you that sweet, sweet gal who contacted me would you please be kind enough to overlook my stupidity and contact me again?

In other, non-stupid news.....
I am going on a trip!!!  YAY!  I am going to visit my sweet friend Jacey.  She invited me to come for a visit over the summer and I jumped at the chance to get out of Nashville and go paint the town with her!!!  I am beyond excited.  Especially after missing out on all of the Sewing Summit festivities over this past weekend.

Of course, as all Sewing Summit veterans know, traveling handmade is the only way to travel.  After seeing this duffel bag on pinterest, I knew that was exactly what I wanted to make.  So I bought the pattern, did some Horde diving, and here is what I came up with.


I loved the color blocking that LBG studios did on hers, so I kind of did the same on mine.  But I followed the pattern instructions for the handles because I didn't want to cover up any of the buck print.  I also used fusible fleece as the interfacing and a shortened sport zipper.  I wanted a zipper that would be sturdy enough to handle the packing abuse that I will undoubtedly give it.


I am in love with this bag and I am pretty sure that after my trip I am going to find a way to use it on a regular basis.  Also, now that I have used up this fabric I need to hurry and get more before I have an anxiety attack.  It is definitely one of my all time favorites.

I hope your week is going well!


8 comments:

  1. love your bag! that print is one of my favorites too. have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great bag amanda. i am jealous you get to spend the weekend with jacey! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's me! I'll convo you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee!! I can't wait to see your face! And I truly love how your bag turned out.

    We all make mistakes. I'm glad Ashley follows your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bag, that fabric, and the black zipper! Have a wonderful time with Jacey, she is so great. I can't wait to see those blouses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just spotted this on Flickr...love it!!

    ReplyDelete